Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Space Between by Dete Meserve

Once Upon a Book Club - August 2018
New Author

I surprised myself by liking this book as it had a Hallmark Mystery Movie feel to it.  (Makes sense once I discovered the author is also a film and television producer)  The mystery was intriguing, short chapters kept you wanting to read "just one more" and the romance wasn't too over the top, close, but I think I may have only rolled my eyes one (or twice).  I enjoyed the stars, constellations and space references especially after recently being introduced to a star gazing app so I was familiar with some of the astronomical items she mentioned.

Summary from Goodreads: After presenting a major scientific breakthrough to a rapt audience across the country, renowned astronomer Sarah Mayfield returns home to a disturbing discovery. Her husband, Ben, a Los Angeles restaurateur, has disappeared, leaving behind an unexplained bank deposit of a million dollars, a loaded Glock in the nightstand, and a video security system that’s been wiped clean. The only answers their son, Zack, can offer are the last words his father said to him: keep the doors locked and set the alarm.

Quotes:  "...attraction is purposeful. We are in control over it."

No comments:

Post a Comment