Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Lying in Wait by Liz Nugent

"N" Author

2019 A to Z Challenge - L

2019 Color Coded Challenge - Brown
2019 January Motif Challenge - New to You Author

I was looking forward to reading this book simply for the book jacket and the rave reviews, and the first line "My husband did not mean to kill Annie Doyle, but the lying tramp deserved it."; then when it was going to check all 4 of my challenge boxes....Yippee!!!

While the story, which alternated narrators, kept me entertained, it wasn't the gripping, nail biting book I was expecting.  The author drops breadcrumbs of information so the reader stays engaged till the end and it is a rather diabolical ending.  The characters are difficult to like, there is some unrealistic plot points and with the swapping narrators there is some repetition, but all in all it is still a good whodunit read.

#2019AtoZChallenge


No comments:

Post a Comment