Tuesday, January 8, 2019

                 The Chalk Man - C.J.Tudor       
                        Guilty Pleasure

2019  A to Z Challenge - "C"
2019 Color Challenge - Any other Color (Orange)
2019 January Motif Challenge - New to you Author

This started a bit slow for me, but around 100 pages it got interesting.

The chapters alternate between 1986 and 2016.
In 1986 , Eddie and his friends are 12 years old and they leave each other  coded messages written in chalk stick man figures.   One day someone has left stick men messages leading the boys to a dead girl in the woods.

In 2016, Ed and his friends each receive a letter with a stick figure written on it and then one of them is murdered.   Ed tries to piece together what happened in 1986 and who is after them now.

I enjoyed the read but was disappointed because of all the hype this book got when it first came out.
Still, if you like a good mystery,  then read "The Chalk Man" !!

#2019AtoZChallenge                                   

4 comments:

  1. I read this one and I wasn't thrilled with the ending, but I thought it was a decent mystery. So right you are about the hype.
    I saw your linkup at Girlxoxo for the Monthly Motif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. It was a good mystery and I will certainly watch for the author's next book. I am going to try to do all of the Monthly Motifs and I am doing the #2019AtoZChallenge by GingerMom.

      Delete
  2. Great review! I've heard mixed things about this book. I still wanna check it out tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Definitely check it out, just don't get caught up in the hype. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

      Delete