Monday, August 27, 2018

Now or Never by Elizabeth Adler

New Author

2018 A to Z Challenge - N

A classic hardened detective story, with the addition of a troubled and beautiful news crime journalist (think a less abrasive Nancy Grace).

Adler did a good job of keeping basically 3 plot lines flowing smoothly:  the hunt for a killer, the budding romance of our lead detective and the secretive past story of our news journalist.  The romance got a little more play than I would have liked, but overall they were nicely balanced.  Jumping from one plot line to another kept the reader turning the pages to see how each story would end and come together with the others.

While I may not seek out all 30+ of her novels, I do have 2 more on my shelf that I will read sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment