Friday, January 19, 2018

The End of Temperance Dare by Wendy Webb

Once Upon a Book Club Subscription - October 2017

2018 A to Z Challenge - "E"

Wow, what a creepy, I needed to sleep with the lights on, book!  Reminiscent of Shirley Jackson’s Haunting at Hill House.

Start with an old TB sanatorium turned into a writers/artists retreat.  Add in a handful of carefully selected houseguests.  Mix in some things that go bump in the night and you got yourself a pretty good gothic horror tale.

I was certainly captivated by the plot and the characters and got really weirded out when my insomnia kicked in and I found myself waking up between 2:00-3:00 a.m.; the same time the main character was being awakened by strange sounds!

I had kinda guessed at some of the mystery, but I really didn’t see the bizarre ending coming.  It was a bit more paranormal than I typically read, but I found myself enjoying the ride.

This was a Once Upon a Book Club Book with five unique gifts to enhance the reading experience and again the company did a great job in selecting fun and practical gifts.

#2018AtoZChallenge

2 comments:

  1. This was a spooky ghost story, but I did not care for the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete