Saturday, January 27, 2018

2018 - A-Z Challenge --------------------------  "I"
    
          I am the Messenger   -  Markus Zusak

  Ed is a nineteen year old cab driving.  Just going through life driving his cab, playing cards with his friends, and chilling with his dog, Doorman.  One day he foils a bank robbery, no big deal. He goes back to his ordinary life.  Then the first ace appears in his mailbox.    But this card has addresses and times on it.  No instructions & no clues on what to do.

   Ed figures it out and soon is running all around town helping and sometimes hurting people and sometimes getting hurt himself.  But why?  and Who is sending the cards,  and Why was Ed chosen ?    

I enjoy this book a lot.  I loved the subtle humor ....." he wears a  suit. A cheap suit.  It's all over him."  I love how Zusak uses words to paint a picture. "It feels like the mornings  clap their hands. To make me wake"       " Marv throws his voice out and ropes be back to face him".  

For me it was a feel good book and the ending was totaling unexpected.    

                                          #2018AtoZchallange

No comments:

Post a Comment