Saturday, August 23, 2014

Julius Winsome by Gerard Donovan

New Author

I think the reviews on the book jacket built up Julius to be something more than he is - a very dysfunctional individual!  I enjoyed Donovan's writing style and he certainly kept me intrigued, but I can't say I enjoyed the overall plot once it was all said and done.

Quotes:  "...he was a dog run through with happiness, for they lead short lives and have an extra sense for each passing moment.  They eat with all their hearts, they play with all their hearts, they sleep with all their hearts."

"...people can sometimes come close enough to discover that they are strangers."

"...some men must create pain in others to feel less of it themselves."

"You cannot believe in survival of the fittest but want to decide first who is the fittest to survive."

No comments:

Post a Comment