Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Enchantress of Numbers by Jennifer Chiaverini

2020 Keyword Challenge - June (And, Beach, Number, Wish, Down, Word)
Page Habit Subscription - December 2017

Historical Fiction

I will start by saying that I didn't choose this book, I received it through a book subscription box. While I was intrigued by the subject of Ada Lovelace, daughter of Lord Byron and the world's first computer programmer, it did not live up to my expectations.

It was a 400+ page book that starts prior to Ada's birth and goes meticulously through her rather short life. She touches on her love for mathematics in between her society balls, her marriage, her children, etc. She teases with "I was going to jump back into my studies..." only to have an illness derail her.

While I appreciated the beauty of Chiaverini's writing, I couldn't wait for this lengthy book to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment