Friday, November 8, 2019

     In the Midst of Winter  -  Isabel Allende

#2019AtoZChallenge - I 
#monthlymotifchallenge - Seasonal

This was my first book by this author.  It was a bit slow for me and it seems to jump around too much.  I really wanted to like it but it just didn't flow for me.
It was mostly a "character development"  .

We learned the histories of 3 people;
Richard,  a widowed university professor in Brooklyn,
Lucia,  a 60 year old living in Richard's basement
                                    Evelyn, an illegal immigrant from Guatemala needing Richard's and Lucia's help..   Oh, and a body in the trunk of a car.!!!'

On a side note,  this finishes my #2019AtoZChallenge!!!!

Goodreads says,   
Exploring the timely issues of human rights and the plight of immigrants and refugees, the book recalls Allende’s landmark novel The House of the Spirits in the way it embraces the cause of “humanity, and it does so with passion, humor, and wisdom that transcend politics” (Jonathan Yardley, The Washington Post). In the Midst of Winter will stay with you long after you turn the final page.

Yea,  I didn't get all of that!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment