Friday, December 14, 2018

  The Redbreast - Jo Nesbo
         3rd in the Series

 I am so conflicted!!!!!    I really like Harry Hole.  He is an error-prone , alcoholic , but likable,  Norwegian policeman..   I have enjoyed learning about him and watching his character develop in the 3 books I have read so far.    But,  I get so confused because of the writing style of this author.   He seems to jump around, but maybe that is because of the way Harry goes about solving cases?? 

 The cases are interesting and there are a lot of twists and turns, (maybe my reason for getting lost?) to keep me reading.

This case takes place is Oslo, Norway.  We learn some of Norway's history during WWII, which I did not know.  So there is some going back and forth between 1944-45 and 1999-2000.  Someone is killing the soldiers who were on the Eastern Front during the war,  but we don't know who or why.  That is when Harry come into the picture.
   He is moved up to Inspector because of a mistake he makes and the higher ups want to keep it quiet. ,, he also may find a love interest. 

I will take a break from Harry before I start the next in the series,  The Nemesis




No comments:

Post a Comment