Saturday, December 1, 2018

                          Max  -  Sarah Cohen-Scali
                                 Historical Fiction

Just when I thought I had read about all of the atrocities done by the Nazis,  I read "Max"...This is about how the Nazis chose certain women to have the "perfect" German child and to raise that child as the perfect Nazi soldier.   So "Max" was born.

Max is telling his story from his time of conception , his time in children's homes, and his stark upbringing. 

I did not care for this book.  Not sure if it was because of the atrocity to children or the narrator being a propagandized child. I also felt that the child narrator was speaking and doing things too old for his age.  I don't know, maybe I was just really uncomfortable with the subject matter.  What was your opinion of this book??

No comments:

Post a Comment