Saturday, September 29, 2018

You Suck (A Love Story) by Christopher Moore

Guilty Pleasure

2018 A to Z Challenge - Y

I had limited "Y" books on my shelf, so was glad that I had this one to get back to quirky and fun, Christopher Moore!  This is the 2nd in his vampire love story trilogy.  A far cry from Twilight or Anne Rice novels!

It did have his offbeat wit but I didn't enjoy nearly as much as some of his other books (Fluke, Stupidest Angel) which truly do make me laugh out loud.  This one only garnered a few chuckles from me.

I will have to read the 3rd one though (Bite Me) to find out what happens to Tommy, Jody, Abby Normal and the Animals!

Quotes:  "Will my brain always be like this? I mean, will I get any smarter, or is that stuck in time, too?  Well, yeah, but that's because you're a man, not because you're a vampire."

"You're the one with almost an MBA,...You should know what to do.  They don't cover what to do with a dead hooker,...That's a whole different program.  Political science,  I think."

No comments:

Post a Comment