Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn

Debut Novel

Once Upon a Book Club
January 2018


Accolades to A.J. Finn for an astounding debut.  We become acquainted with alcoholic, agoraphobic, Anna, and from the onset we are absorbed with finding the answers to this alluring mystery.

You will become agoraphobic yourself, as you will not want to put this book down to leave the house.  Finn's past and present plot lines keep the reader riveted; often times holding your breath as the Hitchockian drama plays out. 

Now excuse me as I go refill my wineglass...

Quotes:  "...check the clock on the wall: 10:10, a waxed mustache on its face."

"Outside, a light snow began to shake down, frail little kamikaze flakes smiting themselves against the windows."

"I'd been prepared to share the whole story, to decant myself..."
[pretty creative writing as she is an alcoholic, get it??]

No comments:

Post a Comment