Sunday, April 15, 2018

          All That's Left to Tell   -   Daniel Lowe


                    April mini challenge
                    less than 100 reviews.


First let me say that Daniel Lowe is a very good story teller.  I was able to "see" the scenes he painted with his words.  Having said that, I did not like the way this book was written.  It was a story within a story within a story. 

Marc is kidnapped in Pakistan and he is always blindfolded and his hands are tied whenever his interrogator ,"Josephine" comes in.  She doesn't interrogate him though.  She tells him stories about what his daughter's live "could have been like"  if she had lived.  His daughter was murdered at 19, just a few months before Marc goes to Pakistan.

According to the fly leaf  " a searing tribute to the redemptive power of storytelling".   I agree with that,  I am just not convince the setting in the book worked for me.   If you read it,  let me know what you think. 

                  #AtoZminichallenge
 

No comments:

Post a Comment