Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

"K" Author
2018 A to Z Challenge - February Mini Challenge - Unconventional Love Story

Since I'm not a big romance reader I didn't think I would be able to find a book on my shelf to fit the "love story" mini challenges, but thanks to the Goodreads Listopia, I found The Good Girl on the list (and on my bookshelves) and voila! challenge accepted.

Since this is billed as a mystery/suspense/thriller I will avoid any spoilers.  I didn't find this to be as "addictively suspenseful" or "tautly written" as one reviewer did, but I did enjoy the chapters set up not only as various points of views of the characters, but also jumping in time from "before" and "after" the abduction that the book is centered around.  So the reader knows some things that the other characters have yet to discover, but of course we do not know all.   So if you are looking for an exciting page-turner that will keep you up all night, I wouldn't say this would be it, BUT it is a quick, easy read.

#atozminiChallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment