Thursday, September 7, 2017


             THE LIGHTKEEPER'S DAUGHTER
                            Jean. E Pendziwol

It has been awhile since I have posted anything because I have been in a reading slump.  I have read books but nothing has really spoken to me.  Well,  now I have!!!.
  Wow,  what a good book!!!!.   The descriptive writing took me to the shores of Lake Superior and I felt like I was living the life as the daughter of the lighthouse keeper.

The story is told in the voices of a teenager, Morgan and the elderly woman ,Elizabeth,  who Morgan meets while doing community work at a senior living facility. The chapters alternate between these two ladies.  

Elizabeth's eyesight is failing her and when she receives some of her father's old journals,  she needs Morgan's help in reading them.  While Morgan helps Elizabeth learn more about her past, Morgan begins to learn about her own past as well.

Beautifully written, nostalgic and an elegant debut novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment