Monday, September 28, 2015

The Old Cape House by Barbara Eppich Struna

Vacation Read

Picked this book up while on vacation in Cape Cod.  I was intrigued by the the story itself - a mystery based on an old pirate legend, as well as by the author, Barbara Eppich Struna.  Turns out she and her husband lived in Northeast Ohio for a time, not far from my own hometown and my mom actually went to school with the author's husband's cousin!  Another unexpected surprise was when we happened upon a book signing at the Pirate Museum in P-town and actually met Mrs. Struna!!!

The story itself is enjoyable.  I always like a pirate story and also enjoy the writing style that volleys back and forth between the present and past (provided the author can do so without confusing the reader, which Struna did).

Struna has written a sequel The Old Cape Teapot which I also picked up while shopping at independent bookstores and am looking forward to reading.  (And I learned she's currently writing a third!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment