Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Circus in Winter  -  Cathy Day
         Debut Novel

Okay, normally I love books with elephants in them but this book was a little depressing.  Yes, there was a lovely elephant names Ceasar but the people were not very nice to him. So that made it hard for me to read.
"                        This story was written in the form of short stories with a common theme of the circus. The author had a wonderful way of piecing them all together which made it seem like a well written novel. I enjoyed the descriptive scenes of the circus and meeting all of the lonely, depressed and sometimes drunk people. One man's epitaph read " May all your days be circus days ".  In my opinion, that is not necessarily all good thing.

I did like the quote from Ollie the Clown who says "I just can't be funny any more, I might as well get married".  Now that is funny!!!!      
      

No comments:

Post a Comment