Thursday, October 22, 2015

                      King of Lies  -   John Hart

                                Debut Novel


Jackson Workman Pickens, everyone calls him "Work", is a lawyer.  I could never decide if I liked him, felt sorry for him, or just disliked him.  Even when I was finished with the book, I still
did not know!!!!  I guess he just wasn't a strong character for me even though he was the protagonist.

Anyway, Work's father was also a lawyer and Work worked for him.  But on the night Work's mother died, his father disappeared.
Then his father is found murdered.   The evidence seems to point to him, but he is afraid that is sister might have done it.

So while trying to protect her, keep the cops off his back, he tries to find out who the real killer is.  

Not bad for a debut novel, had some twists in it , also somethings were predictable.
I will try his next novel ,  the guy has potential!!   lol

No comments:

Post a Comment