Saturday, August 22, 2015

Lucy by Laurence Gonzales

"G" Author

Wow!  The first half of the book did little for me.  It settled into a story of a typical teenager, adapting and trying to finding herself.  But the second half of the book - Wow!

I am simultaneously amazed and disappointed by the Human Race.  At times I think we need to step back from wanting to control and intricately understand EVERYTHING.  Sometimes we need to simply appreciate the mystery and beauty of the world we live in.  We need to put our egos in check.  While humans are a pretty incredible species, we are not superior to ALL in this world/universe.
We are too quick to judge based on misguided religious and political ideals or by our own limited knowledge and experience.  How much better our world would be if we approached everything with empathy and open-mindedness first.

Reading opens up worlds that I may never know otherwise and introduces me to characters and their experiences that allows me to go into the real world with a different perspective.  It creates in me empathy so that I may approach others with compassion and without judgment.  This is the true gift reading bestows on a reader.

Quote: "She was given the gift of adversity."

No comments:

Post a Comment