Monday, November 10, 2014

Jennifer's Way: My Journey with Celiac Disease -- What Doctors Don't Tell You and How You can Learn to Live Again by Jennifer Esposito

Miscellaneous

I read this book not only because it was recommended to me, but because my colleague suffers from Celiac Disease.  Through her I've learned a great deal, but until I read "Jennifer's Way" I don't think I truly realized how much she suffers and how difficult life can be day to day.  This book has given me a better understanding, more empathy and greater insight to a terribly difficult and misunderstood disease.

Esposito writes it with her heart and emotion, so while she discusses the technical and medical details, the book is captivating because she discusses her struggles since childhood and through today.

A must read for anyone who wants to better understand that gluten-free is not a fad.

No comments:

Post a Comment